Port of my original VS Kiilki Visual Style for Vista. You people asked for it, so here it is. There might be some bugs since it's my first theme for 7.. One that I know of is that when using the Content view in windows explorer, the separators are white~ish, which doesn't look insanely good. Couldn't find a way to fix that, sorry. I sincerely apologize about the Start menu not being skinned. I tried modding it but it just sucked. So I decided I'd rather let it default than release something that looks bad. Apart from that, it should be fine. I hope you'll enjoy it!
-edit- Find 64 bit system files here [link] thanks to !nBite
WARNING I've had some people reporting that the system files caused trouble to their computer. This is a very old theme, the system files are outdated, I don't recommand you using them. Sorry.
can you please make a tutorial on how to install the border effect? Its an awesome skin but i really just want to know how you got it so the edges of all the windows aren't round and how you got that cool euro effect?Im running a 64bit laptop 1920x1200(1600x900) Windows 7 Home Premium
Hey! there's no way to get just the squared edges, it's a part of the theme itself. If you want the sqaureness you'll have to use the whole skin, or find another one which has square edges there's a ton of that. If you want something more easy to use on a daily basis you should try ~K-Johnson's clearscreen sharp [link]
"After it's patched just drag all what's inside the Theme folder to %Systemroot%\Windows\Resources\Themes and double click the Kiilki.theme file or the KiilkiSlim.theme file depending on which version you want to use."
Yeah it seems the dude who made it deactivated his account. You'll have to use another set of system files, or find them somewhere else on the web, you can try google, I think there's a few websites hosting them.
I love the theme but I just have one promblem... Everything works fine except that the explorerframe.dll causes explorer to not start when I log in so I'm left with a blank black screen. I can fix it by swapping back to my backup through ctrl alt del, task manager, new task, and then browse to change the names, but I want it to work. I'm on Win7 64 bit and I used the x64 system files, but it's still a no go.